The chateau and its domaine have been in the family since 1393.
It was at one time a hunting lodge for the Duke of Alencon, a town some 60km to the west.
The house has been through many transformations throughout its history. The central part of the house which contains the guest rooms is the oldest although much of this has been renewed. The cellars and a tower to the rear of the house are all that remain from the 14th century.
In the 17th century a wing was added to the east of the house and the hunting pavilion to the west in the 19th century. The southern façade was completely renovated at this time to harmonize with the two wings and let more sunlight in. Two elegant round towers were added to enhance the northern façade and conserve its more medieval aspect.
The southerncourt contains many multi-purpose Percheron outhouses. There are stables, a pigeontower with laundryhouse and bread oven, kennels, an orangerie, garage...
Last update : 10/05/2013